:: iWAPT 2021 :: CALL FOR PAPERS
The 16th International Workshop on Automatic Performance Tuning
May 21, 2021 at Portland Hilton Downtown,
Portland, Oregon USA
The iWAPT 2021 will be held in conjunction with IPDPS 2021.
# Important dates
Paper submission due: January 25, 2021 (AOE)
Author Notification: March 1, 2021
Camera ready papers: March 12, 2021
Conference sessions: May 21, 2021
(If you do not have an EasyChair account, please create it first.)
# About iWAPT
iWAPT (International Workshop on Automatic Performance Tuning) is a
series of workshops that focus on research and techniques that address
performance sustainability issues. It provides an opportunity for
researchers and users of automatic performance tuning (AT) technologies
to exchange ideas and experiences while applying such technologies to
improve the performance of algorithms, libraries, and applications;
in particular, on cutting edge computing platforms. The full-day
workshops consist of invited keynote speaker presentations and
30-minute presentations of well-founded papers. Occasionally,
exploratory papers are also accepted. Topics of interest include
performance modeling, adaptive algorithms, autotuned numerical
algorithms, libraries and scientific applications, empirical
compilation, automated code generation, frameworks and theories of AT
and software optimization, autonomic computing, and context-aware computing.
We are particularly interested in autotuning and its relationship to
the following areas (the list is not exhaustive):
* Applying machine learning to autotuning
* Machine-adaptive algorithms
* Automatic program generation
* Performance analysis and modeling
* Adaptive numerical algorithms and libraries
* Multi- and manycore systems, heterogeneous architectures challenges
* Compilation strategies (e.g. iterative and empirical compilers)
* Programming models
* Runtime systems
* Empirical search heuristics
* Power- and/or energy-aware computing
# Paper Submission guidelines
Submitted manuscripts may not exceed ten (10) single-spaced
double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5×11 inch pages
(IEEE conference style), including figures, tables, and references.
See style templates for details:
LaTex Package (ZIP):
Word Template (ZIP):
Files should be submitted by following the instructions available at the EasyChair portal.
Authors must ensure that electronically submitted files are formatted in PDF format for 8.5×11 inch paper.
Accepted submissions will be included in the IPDPSW proceedings.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
The authors may use PDF eXpress, the IEEE online file converter and validation tool,
to complete the final paper submission process.
More details about camera-ready will also be announced when notification of the paper.
# Program Committee
PC Chair: Kazuhiko Komatsu, Tohoku University, Japan
PC Vice-Chair: Che-Rung Lee, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
# Organizing Committee
* General Chair: Osni Marques, LBNL, USA
* General Vice-Chair: Reiji Suda, The University of Tokyo, Japan
* PC Chair: Kazuhiko Komatsu, Tohoku University, Japan
* Finance Chair: Yusaku Yamamoto, The University of Electro-Communications, Japan
* SC liaison: Hiroyuki Takizawa, Tohoku University, Japan
* Web Chair: Hisayasu Kuroda, Ehime University, Japan
* Publicity Chair: Satoshi Ohshima, Nagoya University, Japan